We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Janone New Home JB1406 - Advice needed?

(5 Posts)
Showtime Tue 30-Apr-13 10:14:47

Mine's about 20years old now, no problems, but I wanted something simple at the time. It cost about £120, so am surprised at current price.

LatteLady Sun 28-Apr-13 09:43:10

Here you go http://www.ace-apparelcraftequipment.co.uk/Lot1403JanomeJB1406.jsp

Misssss Sat 27-Apr-13 19:21:21

Thanks for the reply - Where is the new one? Please can you send me a link? Didn't realise it was just a basic machine, grrrr the search continues!

LatteLady Sat 27-Apr-13 19:16:30

OK, well it is a Janome which is great but it is really quite basic and would not be a waste however, I have just googled and you could get a new one for £55...

Misssss Sat 27-Apr-13 19:09:11

I'm thinking of buying a sewing machine. There is a 2nd hand one for sale near me for £50 which I think is a bargain. I know nothing about sewing machines but I've signed up to a beginners dress making class and would like to make my own things. Apparently it was last serviced in January and is in great working order.

Do you have one? Would you recommend?

<Dreams of spending the summer wafting about in floaty dresses I've stitched myself!>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now