We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

A book on altering clothes

(3 Posts)
Toomuchtea Thu 25-Apr-13 12:24:31

Oh thanks - that looks a great place to start!

amazingmumof6 Wed 24-Apr-13 21:45:08

I don't know ,sorry, but my first instinct is to check out your local library - always a good starting point as you can return the book if it is not quite what you want and if you look at the last paged or inside cover you might find other titles of interest.

I found this book on Amazon : Sewing Alterations & Repairs: 200 Questions Answered (can't do link, just copy the title on the Amazon website) looks reasonable

Toomuchtea Wed 24-Apr-13 15:29:42

I may have got this completely muddled up, but was there a book published within the last year or so which had advice on how to alter/customise clothes? Or how to do very basic sewing if you were basically useless?

DD is keen to customise her vast mountain of unworn clothes but I am of no use to her whatsoever so am trying to remember what this book could possibly be. Or if I have it wrong, and there's no such thing, can anyone recommend a good book for her? She can use a machine and so she tells me, do a French seam, and she said that with pride, so it sounds to me like she's reasonably capable. I am hopeless so cannot judge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now