I have a blister...:( and I can't decide what colours)

(8 Posts)
EggwiniasRevenge Wed 10-Apr-13 11:45:19

My mum used to sew for a living and she just used to strap up with elastoplast which is what I was planning on doing.

Pudden Wed 10-Apr-13 09:49:35

regarding your blister; I had some corkers when top stitching the double bed size quilt I made. I got some finger protectors from ebay- the rubbery sort that hairdressers use when applying hair extensions. They are just long enough and light and flexible.
They are called fingercots and might help

EggwiniasRevenge Tue 09-Apr-13 19:36:32

I thought about that. The bag is crocheted and constructed and then the lining is is constructed and sewn in, so in theory I could make the lining interchangeable but I think it would be more a case of when I get bored of one I can replace it rather than change on a daily basis.

SoupDragon Tue 09-Apr-13 16:43:48

Without knowing how it's constructed - can you do the crochet in ecru and have interchangeable linings of different colours?

EggwiniasRevenge Tue 09-Apr-13 14:11:34

Been thinking about this.

Think denim blue is a good way to go with the crochet as it is a fairly neutral colour in its own right. Think I will decide what colour to line it once the crochet is done.

That bag is gorgeous. smile

How about denim blue with a calico lining?

Navy on cerise would look lovely too, but might be too similar to black and therefore difficult to work with in artificial light. Of course, the solution is to work with dark colours in daylight so you may need more than one project on the go. grin

EggwiniasRevenge Sun 07-Apr-13 21:07:01

Link fail...

item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=130787001304

EggwiniasRevenge Sun 07-Apr-13 21:06:40

I have been crocheting most of the day (my new hobby)

I have a blister on my middle finger where my hook rests sad

Also I am planning on crocheting this bag.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=130787001304

Cant decide what colours to do...

I wear a lot of blues and some cerise.

I was thinking ecru/biscuit with a calico lining would be neutral. ..but perhaps a bit too neutral.
I don't really want to crochet in black as I am a novive working in artificial light.
I was thinking perhaps ice white on white or powder blue. ..or maybe I just need to make lots of them in different colours...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now