We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Cheapest place for custom cut foam for chair cushions

(9 Posts)
fairlytiredallthetime Tue 16-Apr-13 20:36:13

I ordered some seat cushions from this place as I was worried about cutting it accurately myself. Reasonably priced and made the whole job a whole lot easier.

Urbanvoltaire Tue 16-Apr-13 00:47:15

Try Southern Foam, 76 Battersea Rise near Clapham Junction. I got foam cushions cut to size. They were v helpful.

LondonLancashireRose Thu 11-Apr-13 11:41:46

Thanks all. There's a Dunelm near my mum's so will check it out.

PeterParkerSays Wed 10-Apr-13 15:05:38

Dunelm have them. I don't know about "custom" cut foam, but I bought a couple of thinner pieces, rather than one big piece, as they're easier to cut to the correct size with kitchen scissors....

MarinaIvy Wed 10-Apr-13 12:14:29

A lot of furniture upholsterer places [in my area, anyway] have "help yourself" bins outside with offcuts and remnants. Depends on how big a piece you want, and luck of the draw on the day...

Walthamstow market (wrong side of town, but worth a trip, even though Handweaver's Studio has moved away) had a stall of foam pieces.

GemmaTeller Sun 07-Apr-13 20:32:03

Market stall, Dunelm Mill, Aberkhan Fabrics

LondonLancashireRose Sun 07-Apr-13 19:47:07

Good idea, thank you

KurriKurri Sun 07-Apr-13 18:14:53

The cheapest place where I live is a market stall - do you have a big market anywhere near you?, there is often a stall which does foam, bean bag filling etc.

LondonLancashireRose Sun 07-Apr-13 16:48:52

I'm planning on making cushions for our wooden patio chairs in the hope that they will get used this summer! Can anyone recommend a website or shop (I'm in South London) for getting the foam inserts. The ones I've seen so far seem very expensive and I may as well buy ready made cushions! Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now