Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Does anyone remember the paper mache giraffe?

(28 Posts)
Dingle Sat 06-Apr-13 22:52:41

Nearly 5 years ago shock I had to make an animal with my DD as part of a school project. It was a bit of a challenge and took us / ME ages. Although I didn't expect it, at the end of the Summer term that year Gerry Hula Hoop the Giraffe came back home.

I was browsing back through my blog the other day and had to laugh at the amount of times Gerry pops up in the background. He has been moved around the house, garden and play house and over time has become a bit tatty.

Gerry is currently standing amongst the clutter in a half decorated dining room and to be honest, he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Should I.....

a) Throw him away
b) Strengthen him up a bit and refresh his paintwork
c) Give Gerry a complete, wild and wacky makeover

You can see Gerry
HERE

Bluebell99 Wed 10-Apr-13 15:27:11

Oh wow, he's amazing. I would keep him as he is, he looked great in the photo by the dining table.

Dingle Wed 10-Apr-13 15:46:58

PeterParkerSays - you have reminded me of all the giggles we had carrying it to school! "You've seen a zebra crossing, now you've seen a giraffe crossing!"

It was a bit of a challenge, trying to hang on to DD to stop her from running off, clutching a giraffe discretely under my armpit! grin

Dingle Fri 12-Apr-13 17:08:42

Not crafty related but today I have blogged about the giraffe. Perhaps I should have used him as a height chart!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now