keep calm and carry on crafting

(15 Posts)
EddieVeddersfoxymop Wed 10-Apr-13 20:08:24

sailor, I can't remember how long it took. I'm a professional seamstress though so can sew pretty quickly but to be honest bunting is not my thing....it was endless - triangle after sodding triangle. Worth it though as it finished of DDs bedroom just perfect!!!

Jaynebxl Wed 10-Apr-13 08:29:15

Sail, how big are these stairs?? 100metres is as long as our street!

Sailormercury Sat 06-Apr-13 19:53:56

How long did it take you Eddie?

That'a amazing Camperwidow! It certainly desrves pride of place smile

CamperWidow Sat 06-Apr-13 19:40:15

I did a cross-stitch for my mother that took me all three years of Uni and another 3 years beyond! This one. That isn't a pic of mine, but mine is in pride of place above the fire and desn't get rotated!!!

EddieVeddersfoxymop Sat 06-Apr-13 18:32:57

Yikes, 100m of bunting....I did 20m for my daughters bedroom and nearly lost the will to live.....

LatteLady Sat 06-Apr-13 12:03:00

Yes, she did...just realised that was just over 30 years ago... eek!

Sailormercury Sat 06-Apr-13 10:45:09

Did she love the picture though?

LatteLady Sat 06-Apr-13 09:22:51

Many years ago I embroidered a picture for my sister... I was still sewing at midnight on Christmas Eve but got it done! However she gave me a patchwork cushion set (log cabin) and could not understand why I was not thrilled... I had been sewing more months... Soon overcame the aversion though wink

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Fri 05-Apr-13 22:09:38

100 meters - what a good friend you are!

Sailormercury Fri 05-Apr-13 20:11:06

It's for my best friends wedding and it needs to up a very large spiral staircase. I thing I'm going to need at least 100 metres and that's a very conservative estimate.
She's having pink and green as the theme colours so ar least its easy to get hold of the prints.

SuzySuzSuz Fri 05-Apr-13 20:01:21

Hey Sailor I can't remember exactly but whole wedding was 9 months from engagement to wedding day so was well within that, looking back am pleased I did it, costs were the main driver to doing it myself and my dining room became the factory production line!

Definitely agree TV or music plus the odd wine while working helps!

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Fri 05-Apr-13 19:51:03

Wow...that 's no mean feat - what colour/s are you doing and what's the occasion?

I always find that doing a project like that in front of the TV helps.

Sailormercury Fri 05-Apr-13 19:48:27

WOW how long did it take you?

SuzySuzSuz Fri 05-Apr-13 17:47:15

Well done! I think the middle bit is the hardest as at the start you can see immediate progress and at the end you see things finally coming together but the middle just feels like a real hard slog smile

I don't know about inspiring but I made my own wedding invitations, 3 layers of different coloured card, ribbon vertical around top card and a bow - about 100 invites, I went through patches of doubt that I wouldn't do it in time, they were rubbish, the design was too hard etc but it did all come together in the end!

Good luck!

Sailormercury Fri 05-Apr-13 17:06:23

Has anyone got any inspiring stories of projects they completed against all odds or stories of projects that they are really proud of?
I'm making a spiral staircase worth of bunting and having a meltdown! Every time I close my eyes I see bunting. I dream of bunting.
Please come and help me stay focused. I have brew and biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now