We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Crochet experts - over here!!

(6 Posts)
MrsRandom78 Tue 02-Apr-13 08:45:04

Can anyone recommend a good simple video tutorial for making a granny square? Also looking for recommendations for nice soft cotton (not wool but not sure I'm describing that right!) to crochet a blanket for a friends baby. Thanks!

I like the Purl Bee instructions for a granny square.

Granny Square

It isn't a video tutorial but it does have lots of clear photos. It is written in American terminology so when it talks about a dc it means a uk treble.

As for yarn, Sirdar Baby Bamboo is a good choice for blankets.

MrsRandom78 Tue 02-Apr-13 22:33:36

Ooh, I like that yarn - thanks! Need to keep looking for a video tutorial though - too stupid to work it out from photos!

Take a look at the Crochet Geek videos on YouTube. From memory I think they are in US terms though.

SoupDragon Wed 03-Apr-13 08:09:15

Sidar Baby Bamboo! Definitely smile It is utterly gorgeous with a lovely feel, drape and weight to the finished blanket. It is my Yarn of Choice for baby blankets smile

SoupDragon Wed 03-Apr-13 08:11:08

Look at the Attic24 blog. On the left hand sidebar is a list of her patterns & tutorials. they are usually very good with lots of pictures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now