Toddler arts and crafts - website/book recommendations

(12 Posts)
6monthsin Sat 23-Mar-13 15:02:21

I'm not specially creative and would hate for DD to miss out because of this so I'm thinking that I'd like to start building up a supply of arts and crafts resources for her as she gets older (she's 15mo).

So where do I start? Are there any good websites or blogs or books with ideas I can steal use for inspiration??

6monthsin Sat 23-Mar-13 15:03:18

Ps. I know she's a bit little at the mo, but we're about to move into a house with a playroom so want to put it to good use!

orderinformation Mon 25-Mar-13 23:03:03

I really recommend Red Ted Art blog

ATouchOfStuffing Thu 28-Mar-13 20:53:55

You can get a lot of bits on ebay and Amazon. My DD is 19mo and has liked finger painting/glitter stamps and stickers for ages and just getting into a bit more detail now. I think Mr Maker (from CBeebies) has a few kits on Amazon. You can't go wrong with googley eyes, glitter and washable paint though. Oh and Baker Ross has a lot of supplies (look at their clearance section and stock up!). So much fun!
P.S - Oilcloth table cloth first!

Yes yes to Red Ted Art. She supports other bloggers too so will send you snowballing!

blackteaplease Thu 28-Mar-13 20:58:44

I quite like the imagination tree blog for ideas.

Startail Thu 28-Mar-13 21:00:50

Google paper plate craft, loads of simple ideas, big stacks of paper plates are cheep in pound shops.

Make great paint mixing pallets too (worth knowing for big kids who use acrylic paint, that doesn't come off plastic trays too!)

Piemother Thu 28-Mar-13 21:14:27

Mr maker website has loads of ideas. Look on face book at play at home mom (American and amazing) and no time for flash cards.
To buy....the range if there's one near you is amazing and cheap.
Dd1 (now 3) likes making cards with stickers and paint and glitter. My favourite mr maker was firework pictures. You use black paper, flick paint on with a brush and sprinkle with glitter while the paint is wet. Dad loved it and they look so good they are still on the wall from last guy Fawkes grin
The range sell big tubs of sponge letters and numbers and shapes that we have used for a millions different things most recently decorating Easter baskets - some shapes are eggs grin

professorpoopsnagle Thu 28-Mar-13 21:26:00

this is an excellent book, maybe see if your library has a copy or check out ebay?

Also check out books by Mary Ann Kohl, such as this one She is American and sometimes her books need items which need 'translating' but has loads of ideas.

SamsGoldilocks Thu 28-Mar-13 21:43:08

The artful parent is good too.
Also look on pinterest for ideas of thongs to do, loads of cheap/low cost ideas.

chocoflump Thu 28-Mar-13 22:18:19

Can I recommend a fab Facebook page? It's called 'making memories in the chaos' and has fab arts& crafts/ cooking / play ideas for babies and preschoolers!

MercedesKing Sat 30-Mar-13 03:31:39

Don't know whether some simple tutorial is suitable for a 15 mo girl, she is too little... Thought crafts tutorial like plasticinemight be not that bad to inspire her creativity!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now