Fusible seam binding

(8 Posts)
tutengil Sat 30-Mar-13 16:04:28

also just found this to share....http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/20038/teach-yourself-to-sew-2-two-great-seam-finishes

tutengil Sat 30-Mar-13 15:57:00

i think it means the finish of the seams generally, this tape is available to ?iron onto the seam edges to neaten them so they don't fray.......you could just use a serger to finish or the zigzag stitch on your sewing machine. it also depends on your fabric ive got that same japanese sewing book im making dress S in silk dupion its a nightmare for fraying so i think i will use a french seam to hide all the edges away to prevent any fraying wear, but i do usually just zigzag, shoulder seams can be zigzagged together to save time but main seams that you will hem later should be pressed opened out.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sat 23-Mar-13 11:36:27

No, nowhere near any interesting markets of that type but now armed with two alternatives I can return to CHFabrics or my other local sewing shop and have a root around.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sat 23-Mar-13 11:34:17

Or this tutorial mentions Japanese tape and is about twill tape.

Startail Sat 23-Mar-13 11:25:29

Horrible postage cost. Are you any where near something like the Birmingham rag market? Old fashioned haberdashery stalls have all manner of weird and wonderful things.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sat 23-Mar-13 11:18:00

I wasn't sure if that was the required product but have found
www.amazon.co.uk/Vilene-Edge-Tape-securing-white-coloured/dp/B009E59IZA which has the properties required by the pattern.

JamNan Sat 23-Mar-13 08:11:08

I've never heard of it either. But like most things you can get it on ebay

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Fri 22-Mar-13 17:13:57

ok, what is this? I have the Japanese Sewing pattern book- Stylish Dress Book, Wear with Freedom and want to make uh, Q I think which calls for the above product. CHFabrics had no idea and neither do I.
It seems to firm an edge and not be fusible on both sides - so not wundaweb then. It's not bias binding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now