Where to get sew-on velcro dots?

(7 Posts)
flubba Wed 20-Mar-13 18:29:15

Ooh you're a genius. Hobbycraft search is crap, because that's where I looked first as we have one fairly nearby, but my search came up with 0 results (or maybe it's my crap searching! grin)

Thank you smile

MisselthwaiteManor Wed 20-Mar-13 14:56:24

Ouch, that's a lot to post a little pack of dots!

Found them in hobbycraft if you have one near you.

flubba Wed 20-Mar-13 14:33:14

Yikes, just checked out postage (£3.75!!) and they would work out at 42p a pair with postage whacked on. Need to find a local supplier - at least I know velcro do them (I was searching for 'hook and loop' as opposed to the brand name).

Thank you smile

flubba Wed 20-Mar-13 14:29:24

BlueChampers I've tried it before but they get my needle all sticky! grin

Perfick Tubbs, thank you. I've been trawling sites with the word 'adhesive' everywhere!

Just buy the adhesive ones and sew them as well? Do they have to be dots? Would poppers work instead?

MisselthwaiteManor Wed 20-Mar-13 14:25:42

are these what you're looking for?

flubba Wed 20-Mar-13 14:16:06

I can find endless supplies of adhesive velcro dots (I need them for some kids' clothes, so want to make sure they stay on!), but can't find any UK based velcro/hook and loop sew-on dots.

Any ideas? Or do I need to go down the cutting tiny dots out of velcro sew-on tape? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now