Glasgow woolly hugs meet up

(63 Posts)

It's been ages since we all met up!

How does Monday 18th march suit folks? At the Burrell?

Prettybird - ds2 says many thanks for the tablet - he scoffed it all and loved it!

Ohh that's a shame, weegiemum. Maybe another time we could meet somewhere more convenient for you - we are going to have to find a new venue when the Burrell closes for renovation.

weegiemum Sun 17-Mar-13 20:48:24

Not your way, SDTG, I used to live very close to Pollok Park - you once gave me a lift home from the tramway.

But now we're right out almost at Castlemilk.

Where are you coming from, weegiemum?

prettybird Sun 17-Mar-13 20:26:17

Hope you manage to make it weegiemum smile

I suppose I'd better go and make my tablet then! grin

weegiemum Sun 17-Mar-13 19:28:16

I saw this on the other thread, planning to come if I can sort out transportation as I'm not walking very well at the moment and the Burrell isn't that easy to get to!

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 19:16:52

What a trooper SDTG!

The chocolate fudge is cooling in the kitchen, and I am cooling in the front room. Making fudge is a meltingly hot process, especially when the oven is on to roast a leg of lamb.

<< mops brow theatrically >>

binger Sun 17-Mar-13 18:54:22

I'm calling off, totally forgot I'm getting new carpet fitted. Don't know time they will arrive, I'm at their mercy. How could I forget this you might ask, total bedroom refurb and I'm pretty much at my limit now. Nearly there though just finishing touches like carpet and bed lol!

Fingers crossed I'll be at next one. Enjoy yourselves ladies.

I love you, Glaikit!!

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 16:59:54

Well special occasions I can do! B will be 2 next month and its unlikely we will have another meet up before then so this can be Bs second birthday meet up, therefore cake is mandatory grin

No snow here, just nasty, cold rain. And I am watching the figure skating I recorded last night now, but will be off to make fudge later, I promise!

Btw - I am working on making small changes in my life, to boost my self esteem, give myself back a feeling of control and get a bit healthier. One of my small changes is no cakes, sweets, or,chocolate on weekdays, unless it is a special occasion - so does a Woolly Hug meet up count as a special occasion, pleeeeeease??? grin

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:34:22

How are our confectioners doing!

There is a slight disputing of snow through here, how is it westwards??

HairyPotter Fri 15-Mar-13 17:04:46

Ooh forgot about the bread Pretty. Might skip breakfast to make room for everything.

Glaikit Fri 15-Mar-13 16:56:36

B can have the bread, I'm selfless like that grin

prettybird Fri 15-Mar-13 16:55:10

Tablet and chocolate fudge and cake and my piece of bread from my soup! grin

HairyPotter Fri 15-Mar-13 16:36:40

Tablet and chocolate fudge as well as cake? I'll be wearing my stretchy pants on Monday then! grin

Pleeeease make tablet, oh gorgeous feathery one!

I will be buying the ingredients for the chocolate fudge tomorrow, and making it on Sunday.

prettybird Thu 14-Mar-13 22:41:41

Hmmmmm - I'll need to think about it! wink

Glaikit Thu 14-Mar-13 22:37:25

Please! Ooft where are my manners?!

Glaikit Thu 14-Mar-13 22:36:27

Did I not ask? <flagellates self>

Prettybird, prettiest of pretty birds, would you be so kind as to make some tablet? grin

prettybird Thu 14-Mar-13 22:33:30

Nobody has asked nicely for tablet! hmm

Glaikit Thu 14-Mar-13 22:16:22

Hmm, well, we'll see. How is the chocolate fudge coming along????? grin

As long as Glaikit has forgiven me. << really worries >>

HairyPotter Thu 14-Mar-13 21:40:06

Me too! [cake]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now