Inspiration for scrap of Harris Tweed

(4 Posts)
Pudden Sat 16-Mar-13 14:11:18

a tweed bird would be nice like this one folksy.com/items/3795530-Pink-Tweed-Robin-Card-Decoration If you sew a loop on it it would look lovely hanging from a cupboard handle

I made this with recycled wool. I think the inside is a tweed (too cold and lazy to get out of bed to check). What about something like this using the tweed as the pockets

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38774210@N00/8326398441/

I have loved this bag, perfect size for me.

KurriKurri Thu 07-Mar-13 19:24:42

there are a few ideas on here

a piece of fabric like that would make a lovely little coin purse -you could get one of those purse frames and attach the fabric, or just do a sort of rectangle with a zip at the top, or how about a phone/ipod pouch or even a Kindle case if she has one - although you might need to add some other fabric.

I have a small (10 x15cm) scrap of gorgeous deep pink Harris Tweed. I want to make my mum a birthday present with it. I'm in a quandary about what to make.

I normally default to corsages, but I made her a felt brooch for Christmas, so I can't really do that. I have lots of other fabric I could use too, but definitely want to incorporate the tweed. I have a SM & my hand stitching is ok.

Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now