We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Inspiration for scrap of Harris Tweed

(4 Posts)

I have a small (10 x15cm) scrap of gorgeous deep pink Harris Tweed. I want to make my mum a birthday present with it. I'm in a quandary about what to make.

I normally default to corsages, but I made her a felt brooch for Christmas, so I can't really do that. I have lots of other fabric I could use too, but definitely want to incorporate the tweed. I have a SM & my hand stitching is ok.

Any ideas?

KurriKurri Thu 07-Mar-13 19:24:42

there are a few ideas on here

a piece of fabric like that would make a lovely little coin purse -you could get one of those purse frames and attach the fabric, or just do a sort of rectangle with a zip at the top, or how about a phone/ipod pouch or even a Kindle case if she has one - although you might need to add some other fabric.

I made this with recycled wool. I think the inside is a tweed (too cold and lazy to get out of bed to check). What about something like this using the tweed as the pockets

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38774210@N00/8326398441/

I have loved this bag, perfect size for me.

Pudden Sat 16-Mar-13 14:11:18

a tweed bird would be nice like this one folksy.com/items/3795530-Pink-Tweed-Robin-Card-Decoration If you sew a loop on it it would look lovely hanging from a cupboard handle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now