We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Please help me think of a title for an exhibition......

(12 Posts)
BedHog Mon 04-Mar-13 13:29:57

A group of friends and I are putting on an exhibition of our work in the summer, and we're really struggling to think of a title for it. There will be a mixture of different artworks on display - textiles, sculpture, paintings, drawings, glass and jewellery, all contemporary in style. We'd like a title that sounds positive, vibrant, succinct, fresh and maybe a bit mysterious, something that will spark peoples imaginations and make them want to come along and have a look at our work. confused

Does anybody have any suggestions? Maybe you've been to an exhibition or show previously and thought 'ooh, that's a good title!' or can think of a short phrase or a couple of words that might inspire? Thankyou! grin

MrsMushroom Mon 04-Mar-13 14:02:56

Next Big Thing

The Design Forum

Label Your Heart

Mornings and Mondays

Everyday Art

Tomorrow's Heirlooms

Oddities and Opals

Art and Oddness

I just wrote the first things that came into my head so sorry if some are a bit weird!

BedHog Mon 04-Mar-13 14:16:00

Thanks MrsMushroom, some good ones there! grin I'm going to write down a list and show the other artists.

Any other suggestions? smile

xigris Mon 04-Mar-13 14:20:09

50 Shades of Art - sorry! I know it's rubbish. Exhibition sounds great BTW smile

BedHog Mon 04-Mar-13 14:29:12

That might get the women in xigris!!

MrsMushroom Mon 04-Mar-13 15:09:47

It wouldn't get me I'm afraid! grin I can't bear that bloody book!

xigris Mon 04-Mar-13 17:00:01

Me neither! I read them but they were pretty rubbish. Not even that sexy imp. Where's the exhibition, Bed?

xigris Mon 04-Mar-13 17:00:45

Oh sorry, prob not meant to ask that sort of question! Just sounds really interesting! blush

KatoPotato Mon 04-Mar-13 17:09:40

Art Exposure...

My friends and I...

The Exhibitionists...

The Exhibitionistas...

Not on the High Street (Copyright danger zone - depends where you advertise!)

Off the High Street...

Something Delightfully Different...

In our spare time...

xigris Mon 04-Mar-13 22:43:53

Artifact?
Artifiction?

KurriKurri Mon 04-Mar-13 23:34:00

Art and Soul

Trumpton Tue 05-Mar-13 07:23:19

ART-isans .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now