We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Can anyone here crochet in French?

(7 Posts)

You'll know it's American if single crochet is used smile can you use google translate?

starfishmummy Sat 02-Mar-13 14:27:15

Branleuse - how do the stitches compare though? I'm thinking about the differences between English and American terms here - for instance both use the same terms but they mean different things - an English double crochet is not the same stitch as an American double crochet. So do French patterns use the English or American terms?

starfishmummy Sat 02-Mar-13 14:05:55

Try asking on Ravelry

Branleuse Sat 02-Mar-13 14:05:43

if you remove all the le's and the la's and remove the "ment" from the end of each word, it should basically read in english

needasilverlining Sat 02-Mar-13 14:04:08

Really? ooo thank you. Could you PM me your email address please?

Flossyfloof Sat 02-Mar-13 12:18:37

I have knitted in French but never crocheted, Can have a look with pleasure. No promises though.

needasilverlining Fri 01-Mar-13 18:36:32

Have been given gorgeous pattern for Chanel-style jacket to crochet.

Can't wait to start - but it's in French and my French is limited to ordering deux biers and asking the way to the gare blush.

Are any of you crafty geniuses able to look at the pattern and give me a few pointers (and obv, will have the pattern to try for themselves?). I am also VERY willing to offer bribes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now