We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Knit-pro symfonie circular needles

(9 Posts)
pirouette Fri 01-Mar-13 09:35:56

Does anyone know the least expensive website for the wooden needle kit? I need chunky ones too - up to a 12.

Please tell me these are dream needles if you already have some.

kiwigirl42 Fri 01-Mar-13 09:48:57

I have the metal ones and really like them - they have good points so I can do lace and socks on them but have not tried the wooden ones. Have you looked on Ravelry for reviews of the wooden ones? ebay usually do good deals on these types of things

MissEleanorLavish Fri 01-Mar-13 09:55:07

They are my dream needles - I cried when I sat on a 3.25 one and it broke blush! I get mine from my local knitting shop (usually ask for a new set for Christmas). Keep meaning to try the crochet needles to see what they're like too.

pirouette Fri 01-Mar-13 10:42:50

I saw a box set in my local yarn shop and now covet a set. They came in a little box and looked beautiful. I became dreamy.

Recent projects have been done with 5 needles and at one point, I was holding them on the ground with my toes and post it notes on each bit.. It has to get easier than that.

OooShiney Fri 01-Mar-13 16:19:06

Our local shop offer 10% off if you are a ravelry member of their group. Think you can use it online.

I bought the nova metal set at Christmas. They are brilliant. I have topped up with the odd wooden pair in sizes that I use.

Must admit the sizing might be slightly off. Bought another set of 4mm tips as I was doing a seamless cardi over three circs. Put them through my gauge and they measure up more like 4.5mm rather than 4mm, definitely too tight to go through 4mm gauge hole.

pirouette Fri 01-Mar-13 16:30:07

Thank you OooShiney.

I like the feel of wood needles but my knitting is quite ropey large anyway which is great for felting but no so great for socks. The children eventually grow into their jumpers. grin
I'll have a good look round online yarn shops tonight.

MerryMingeWhingesAgain Fri 01-Mar-13 16:58:48

I got my main set from an ebay seller, but I buy extras from Get Knitted now. I love mine, but sometimes find they have too much grip for acrylic. Are fab for slippier yarns though. Love mine.

Madratlady Sat 02-Mar-13 16:52:24

I got mine from Get Knitted. They have a website and also sell through amazon. I have the metal ones not the wood ones but I love them!

BasketzatDawn Mon 04-Mar-13 22:49:51

Amazon prices aren't too bad for these. i got mine from a knitting website, not sure which though - a basic beginners set - and have added one or two other sizes since, also a couple of new cables. I just LOVE them, sucha great idea. i lust after the box set, but too expensive. AND I really need no more pieces of kit or yarn. I will need to live another few decades to get through my stash. I got one size in metal, to see what it's like - but if you are used ot the wood, then it's not as good on metal, I think. A friend got the acrylic set (cheaper) and is really pleased with them too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now