Irish crochet - I must be crazy!

(7 Posts)
Daisybell1 Fri 22-Feb-13 09:09:25

Ok, so I've dialled down my plans for a crochet dress for me... But have (stupidly) decided to make dd a dress instead!

Does anyone here do Irish crochet? I'm on the ravelry group who are brilliant, I just wondered if any mumsnetters do it?

I've had a stab at a couple of first motifs on my profile, just feeling a bit daunted at the thought of doing a whole dress - eek!

I'm impressed smile

But inwardly I am cackling a dress?! You must be bonkers!

Daisybell1 Sun 24-Feb-13 12:19:54

I am bonkers sad

So far I've managed one butterfly and a 4 leafed clover. It's going to take a hell of a lot more than that isn't it?

Are they big butterflies and clover?

Daisybell1 Sun 24-Feb-13 18:52:28

Not that big... confused

You probably will need to make a few more then smile How many do you think you'll need to make? My worry with this kind of thing is whether I can keep up with the rate my DD grows!

Daisybell1 Sun 24-Feb-13 20:18:06

Probably about 24 largish flowers (6 cms across), then about the same in small flowers and about 12 butterflies.

I saw a wedding dress which had the large flowers around the hem and then stems running up the dress towards the waistband with small flowers and leaves on them.

I'm also worried about the growing thing but I wondering that, as the net joining everything together is done last, could I just do a couple more stems to make it bigger??? <wishful thinking>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now