Can anyone recommend me a sewing machine please?

(5 Posts)

I'm by no means good at sewing but I like to try and make what I can, I can do baby blankets, bibs, simple bags, cushion covers and the like, basic and simple things in other words. smile

I have had 2 very cheap little machines the £20 type, I would like to have something that is a bit more permanent and sturdy but still simple enough to use.

Nothing majorly expensive though as sadly I don't get nearly as much time as I'd like to get crafty and like I said I'm really not up to anything that requires any skill grin

Any recommendations would be great. smile

lljkk Sat 16-Feb-13 19:18:33

Lidl one is usually seen as value for money.
I am pleased with my Janome which cost under £100. Standard brand so plenty spares & accessories. I googled for one that claimed it was "easy to use".

TheOneAndOnlyAlpha Sat 16-Feb-13 19:21:13

I have a John Lewis one for £100. It does everything I want and is really easy to use. I don't use it much unfortunately, but I really like it. In bigger JL stores the staff will help you choose one and show you how to thread it etc.

bran Sat 16-Feb-13 19:26:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rockinhippy Sat 16-Feb-13 19:26:56

I've answered a very similar question on a thread just below this, sorry can't cut & paste, but please check my answer to that one as its relevant to you too xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now