We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Whih clay is better for making toys, the airdrying ir the one you bake?

(5 Posts)
ssaw2012 Thu 14-Feb-13 11:24:36

I am thinking of buying Daz air-drying clay. We used Fimo but it dries for too long if we make something in 3-d. Also it is difficult to attach parts. We often use water but it istoowet t sligtly not great. I would like somehing like plasticine so we could shape it wihout it drying too fast. Any suggestions? Many thanks! Sorry, i am experiencing problems with typing on my phone.

rockinhippy Thu 14-Feb-13 11:39:28

Did you not bake your Fimo in the oven?? if not you really need too, it dries much quicker than clay & is much more hardy, so would be much better for toy making than any clay

HTH

ssaw2012 Thu 14-Feb-13 12:06:28

Thank you rockinhippy. I did not bake the air-drying one as it is supposed to dry on its own. However, it is very fragile. I like the fact that there is no need to bake it but I am not impressed with the final result. So may be I should go for Fimo whih is for baking. Is the result good? will it last?

rockinhippy Thu 14-Feb-13 12:21:05

Ahh, that makes sense - I've not used the air dry, I didn't even know they were doing it now - yes the oven bake is good, i've used it for years & it can last & last

ssaw2012 Thu 14-Feb-13 12:23:28

Thank you rockin. Will be looking for it tomorrow. I know I am not going to be happy with the price. He-he.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now