We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Sewing patterns

(7 Posts)
WeAreSix Fri 15-Feb-13 18:26:00

You are lucky! Thank you for offering smile I haven't ordered anything yet, going to sort it out next week.

reindeesandchristmastrees Wed 13-Feb-13 15:50:55

Have you ordered it? I have a stash of vintage patterns and can look through if you havent ordered it yet. Thry came from the mother of a friend and are fantastic!!! I am very lucky

AGreenie Mon 11-Feb-13 18:46:01

Try charity shops?

caffinequeen Mon 11-Feb-13 18:44:46

Not actual vintage but there is a pattern on sewage.co.uk (you need to look through the projects its a few in) or jaycotts.co.UK have a vintage range of patterns.

WeAreSix Sat 09-Feb-13 21:51:20

Oh dear. I'm not sure if I love you or hate you homebird8 ;)

The second link has some perfect, lovely dresses.... Bye bye money!!! Thank you! smile

Homebird8 Sat 09-Feb-13 21:23:23

Etsy. I got a great out of print sewing pattern from a lovely lady in America. I was an Etsy virgin. Beware. There are lots of goodies!

Etsy

There are also people who will make you just the sort of outfit you describe.

Take a look at these

WeAreSix Sat 09-Feb-13 21:19:00

Having found it impossible to find the perfect dress for SILs wedding later this year I have decided to try and make my own dress, with the help from a friend smile

Where (other than eBay) can I find vintage 50s / 60s patterns?

To give you an idea I'm looking for something similar to this coat and this dress. I'm a size 6 / 8 and the coats in particular all seem to be size 12+

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now