Junk modelling

(6 Posts)
1978andallthat Sat 09-Feb-13 22:15:02

Masking tape. Genius.

With a toddler, I would lower your expectations TBH. Having run the craft activity at a toddler group don't expect anything too recognisable unless you do most of it yourself!

It may be worth letting them loose with the junk and a roll of masking tape and seeing what they come up with. Masking tape rips easily so they can use it themselves.

As to what to save - anything! Cereal boxes, the net bags from oranges, plastic inners from chocolate boxes, plastic food trays, get some cheap straws...

dikkertjedap Sat 09-Feb-13 12:47:12

you can make a robot (also need aluminium foil and pva) or binoculars (pva, some paper, paint)

We used to love making pasta pictures. You use different types of pasta shapes and glue them with pva on paper. You can make a horse, a house, number shapes, steam train, puppets anything you want - I think I saw it once on Mr Maker. Mr Maker is a very good source if you have not already come across him.

1978andallthat Fri 08-Feb-13 22:26:45

Milk bottle tips good idea. We get through many.

Woollymummy Fri 08-Feb-13 22:19:32

Make a train with card ( shape into a cab) add a toilet roll innard for boiler and then add milk bottle plastic tops for wheels. Choo choo!

1978andallthat Fri 08-Feb-13 21:54:17

I've been saving yoghurt pots and loo roll innards. What else do I need for junk modelling with toddler and how do we do it and any ideas what to make? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now