My Two Rabbits, What's Your First Crafts Look?

(11 Posts)
wanting Fri 01-Feb-13 09:50:41

Could you please give me some picture of your rabbits?

MercedesKing Fri 01-Feb-13 09:30:07

rockinhippy, I agree how precious the handmade things to us, almost all of our activities are uniformed, way of dressing, eating, acting, more and more people would not like to thinking positively, we are tending to act in the same way just like we all dress ourselves up with the massive machine made clothes. Well, it seems that I am one in them as well, but I figured it is a big improvement to make some changing by not just following the slogans or something else, thinking actively and self-critic might be a good choose. wink
In fact I have to thank you too, your words that inspire me too, I'd like to have more creation that is full of personality too! Good to hear that the paint fit well with DCs & other work you do from your home, hope your insistence on what you thought is right and the goal you settled for yourself would be realized someday. It would be of great pleasure when we witness how a promise made for ourselves is realized I am sure about that. Try for that! smile

rockinhippy Wed 30-Jan-13 11:21:51

It's funny isn't it, I think these days if we are not careful, we compare ourselves to machine made too much, strive for that same perfection, but in doing that we can lose so much character, soul & real the craftsmanship that sets us above machines - I'm a clothing designer & pattern cutter by trade & I've never seen a machine made pattern that can match a hand cut one for style, it might be technically perfect, but IME the garment will never look as good, or sell as well as one cut by a talented creative pattern cutter & I think that applies to all arts & crafts, yet I think a lot of us still look at that machine made perfection as where we need to be, self critical lot us arty folk smile

& thank you, I do paint professionally now, fetes, parties etc, so not all the time, but it fits in well with DCs & other work I do from home, but it's always a learning curve, but I love that about it. I recently did a fete, it was the same fete I was thrown in the deep end with as a volunteer a few years ago - stress wasn't the word, as I didn't have a clue what I was doing - but this time round I realised I had learnt a lot since that first one, made it much easier & I thoroughly enjoyed it - still not perfect though, but who is smile

MercedesKing Wed 30-Jan-13 08:02:49

Thanks rockinhippy and NotADragonOfSoup, in fact after staring compare the two, I found that the fist one is more vivid though the skill in not that perfect. wink I would imbue them with more emotion in my later creation.
Oh, rockinhippy, I do not paint, but as a laymen, I do love to appreciate the magical experience they brought, thought those who can paint and create is really talented! Keep practice, I am sure more improvement would be made sooner or later! smile

I agree with Rockhippy. smile

Some of my dodgy early attempts are craft are things I'm really rather fond of.

rockinhippy Tue 29-Jan-13 09:08:40

They are lovely

& yes I can see huge improvements, well done in such a short space of time smile but I have to say, I actually like the crudeness of your first one, it gives it a lot of character, but that's probably just me smile

& I agree it is lovely to look back at old work & see how much you have improved, amongst other things I face paint & even though I've always been good with drawing & painting, face painting is something newer for me & I can see big improvements since my early attempts, much quicker & more confident toosmile I don't think I have photos of the same designs though, so can't post anything

MercedesKing Tue 29-Jan-13 08:58:23

Sorry to let you guys in the dark, I mean, I just finished my two beaded rabbits, one is my first-done beaded craft finished a month ago, and the other is the latest finished one, I am sure difference between them are really very huge, one is crudely, and the other is delicate, and want to know whether you guys have the same meaning when checking your first projects and the latest one after your beading skills gained huge improvement. grin
My First Rabbit

rockinhippy Mon 28-Jan-13 16:31:13

Missing a Photo ?? confused

I think I may be missing some vital information grin

MercedesKing Mon 28-Jan-13 09:12:09

After one and a half months' hard learning, my rabbits are here, the first one which is really very awkward to show to others, and the latest one which is well arranged and of good appearance. Well, I’d say, practice makes perfect, difference between the two really shocked me when pictures was taken, and they are too different! Well, what’s your feeling about your first project and your latest project? Do you still remember your first finished piece?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now