Help keep my 90 yr old mum's fingers nimble please!

(8 Posts)

Will check out your suggestions, thanks Self smile

What about that Debbie Bliss chicken hat made from garter stitch with a garter stitch chicken that is a folded in half square? My mum made one for both my boys and I loved them.

Simple wrist warmers?

Hats from really soft yarn for cancer patients?

Thanks Tribpot - the Ravelry thing I need to join before I can see any patterns and unfortunately, having looked in detail at the instructions and USA info for the other link, I have to say it would be too complicated for my old mum. Any more suggestions please?

tribpot Sun 27-Jan-13 17:59:52

These are all free patterns for cupcakes, I like the pincushion particularly.

Thank you for the Loving Hands link - I've now registered and just waiting for confirmation to access knitting patterns. I'm sure there will be simple things that mum can do and it's a great cause so she will feel she's helping and doing something worthwhile.

Still looking for an easy cupcake pattern though!

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sun 27-Jan-13 16:37:26

Sorry f,orgot to say i couldn't help with cupcake pattern

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sun 27-Jan-13 16:36:14

www.lovinghands.org.uk/wishlist.htm

Would she be up for some knitted hats and blankets for maternity units.

DS was in SCBU and they were used through out the unit

Mum is becoming increasingly frail and passes her days with TV, wordsearch magazine, pottering in garden when weather is OK and baking me far too many cakes! She can knit very basic blanket squares (I think they are called moss stitch or basket weave) and has also made some of those wide headbands teenagers were wearing recently (I decorated them with felt flowers/buttons). Some of her squares have been donated to the MN blankets and she's done some Woolly Hugs, but I wonder if anyone knows of any really easy cupcake patterns?

They need to be quite plain (I would "decorate" them) beginners UK instructions, straight needles etc.

I've looked at loads on various websites but all are too difficult/too fancy for mum to get to grips with. Any MN recommendations please (free patterns would be much appreciated).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now