We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

sewing blogs with basic(ish) tutorials?

(8 Posts)
flubba Fri 15-Feb-13 13:06:00

I have quite a few tutorials on my blog which are basic(ish) - have a look here I've got tutorials for a number of easy projects on there.

expectingnumber3 Fri 15-Feb-13 12:16:26

I love www.danamadeit.com, www.luvinthemommyhood.com and www.madebyrae.com.

All American websites/blogs that have great tutorials and ideas for lots of lovely projects. All the sites have pdf patterns for sale too. Really recommend them.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sun 27-Jan-13 11:34:54

That's the good thing about Craftgawker - it's so random. Things come up and I think "Ooooh.... hadn't thought of that!"

I'd not really used my Pinterest boards before someone on MN introduced me to Craftgawker. I now have an eclectic mix of projects! In fact, on the back of this thread, I've ordered some Union Jack fabric to make the Scottie Dog stuffed toy that's on my sewing board. I will weight it so it is a doorstop.

economymode Sun 27-Jan-13 08:56:16

Thanks both. My problem us that I don't really know what I want to make until I see it! Will check out CraftGawker and your pinterest board, nota....

Thanks again smile

Have a look at Craftgawker You will waste hours and not all projects will be what you want but it is wonderful. When you click on a project it takes you to a blog (usually) so you can find new blogs to look at that way.

My Pinterest "Sewing" board has been populated via Craftgawker. I've not made anything from it yet though grin

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sat 26-Jan-13 21:54:06
economymode Sat 26-Jan-13 21:07:12

Hello,

I'm delurking in the hope of getting some inspiration. I'm by no means a pro with my sewing machine, but am getting a bit bored of making cushions and am looking for some new ideas of things to make. Practical things - this house can't take any more pretty, random stuff!

I have a huge quantity of fabric I bought at a charity shop last year that I want to use up (over 10m, it seemed like a good idea at the time).

I've got a Pinterest account, but find it a bit hard to navigate/end up getting sidetracked, so what I'd really like are some good blog/website recommendations where I can find some new projects.

Any ideas?

Thanking you all very muchly in advance. I won't have time to reply to everyone's posts, especially since I'm expecting baby number 2 any day, but I will read them all and follow up smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now