We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Patons FAB DK

(7 Posts)

A word of warning - the Amazon pack has both Jaffa and Bright Green in it - these are virtually fluorescent smile

Oh Woolly you little beauty, thank you for the Amazon link, I shall take a proper look tomorrow when slightly less half asleep!

I think they stock the Patons in a couple of places locally but I've not seen stylecraft anywhere so have no way of comparing the two ifyswim.

Thanks Santas also, I may well do that, I'm sure I could find something lovely to spend my voucher on in about 12 seconds! I may just have to buy the stylecraft at the start of the month if it comes down to it, then when I get to 2 weeks before payday and have £10 to my name (as happened this month thanks to a couple of episodes of unplanned shitness) I shall just have to humbly thank Mr Overdraft for the last couple of weeks of food shopping...

There is a stockist selling a multipack of Stylecraft on Amazon here it is only a couple of pounds more expensive than the same pack on the Mason's website.

I don't have any experience of working with Patons FAB but have used Patons baby yarn in the past and found it to be very soft. Is there any way you could get to a yarn or craft shop or market stall to have a squeeze of the FAB to see if it is soft enough for your purpose.

It's just wildly overpriced on Amazon TBH, I would put the voucher towards a lovely knitting/crochet book instead as you can get Fab DK much cheaper from a wool shop, market etc. The Stylecraft special is both cheap and lovely I would really stick with that.

Thanks Santas

I don't HAVE to get it from Amazon, just I have a gift voucher and very little spare cash at the moment. So if I can find something suitable on Amazon I can order it now, rather than having to wait until I have money to buy enough wool at some point in the next, ooooh, 5 years grin

It seems a fairly standard yarn but the SS is especially soft for the low price, why do you need to get from Amazon particularly, sorry to be nosy?

Has anyone worked with this for crochet before?

I'm still looking at alternatives to Stylecraft that are easily available on Amazon and have just spotted this in a wide range of colours.

It's to make a version of Attic 24's granny ripple blanket, either in a similar colourscheme to her granny stripe blanket, or varying shades of pinks/purples to match DD's room, I'm not yet 100% which way I'll go.

Any advice, experience, recommendations very welcome as I'm MASSIVELY inexperienced when it comes to different wools, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now