We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

ideas for presents that i can make (sew)

(11 Posts)
frazzled74 Wed 23-Jan-13 22:49:48

thanks, i have loads of ideas now, yes Kurri , being organised is new for me , ive tried to do homemade christmas for years now but leave it too late to make anything that i could happily give as a present.

KurriKurri Wed 23-Jan-13 17:36:08

There is a poster on this forum (hope she doesn't mind me mentioning her - it is OverMyDeadBody) who makes the loveliest things, and she has a blog here - click on completed projects at the top and there are loads of ideas and instructions for making things smile

Brilliant idea to start making now and putting things away - I did home made Christmas this year, - but left it until rather late and it all got a bit stressful and manic - so I shall pinch your organized approach if you don't mind smile

Tingalingle Wed 23-Jan-13 13:49:07

Ones I've received and actually used:

Doorstops (the ones with rice in)
Bags
Lavender hearts
Pillow cases

thehamburglar Wed 23-Jan-13 13:44:00

Make up bag? Baby blankets quilts?

Allalonenow Belgium Wed 23-Jan-13 13:16:59

Simple cotton drawstring bags to pack shoes into your suitcase when travelling, or jewellery rolls in pretty fabric would make great presents for adults, or dress a favourite doll for a child.

frazzled74 Wed 23-Jan-13 09:32:28

wow lots of ideas to get on with thanks, I will look at your link later flubba, I saw those cath kidston lavender bags Molehill they were quite pricey, so they will be on the list. Would love to try a playmat, and the pyramid bag sounds interesting!

Molehillmountain Wed 23-Jan-13 07:57:18

I made lavender bags/cushions last Christmas-squares of fabric 13cm x 13cm with seams all round 1cm (give or take!) and pinked edges. Sets of three tied with nice ribbon. Then after Christmas cath kidston had remarkably similar ones in!

I made a playmat for ds, with a map of the village on one side and a dinosaur landscape on the other. Going to make pyramid bag for dd2 who loves Egypt.

flubba Wed 23-Jan-13 06:33:37

I do the same and make aprons, crayon rolls, little bags, purses, totes etc. You're welcome to have a look at some of the projects I did last year here

ellangirl Wed 23-Jan-13 06:22:01

Toy bags, dolls blankets, taggy toys?

frazzled74 Tue 22-Jan-13 23:30:08

I would like to make some lovely things throughout the year that i can give as presents at christmas and on birthdays, mainly for female friends/ relatives and children and babies. I would prefer to sew but can knit and crochet simple things and am open to any other suggestions .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now