We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

What do I need to know about a Big Shit?

(104 Posts)

I have managed to acquire a Sissix Big Shot and I am verily excited about it, but I have to admit I'm not much of a papercrafter really (I reckon this is about to change!)

Am I right in thinking - dies cut out shapes, folders emboss patterns onto card?

Where is good to buy dies & folders? And which dies do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

GlitterMama1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:18:03

Hehe

BlissfullyIgnorant Fri 25-Jan-13 22:59:33

Thought it was a gift you'd made yourself for a soon to be ex-friend gringringrin

Well, you can't polish one, for sure...I'd go with the glitter. If you want to splash out, you could go with Swarovski, and wrap it in some nice handmade paper.

gringringrin

Will not be sleeping now...poor DH just back from 3 day business trip.

gringringrin

rockinhippy Sun 20-Jan-13 23:51:55

Thank you, you just made my night, I Just woke DH up laughing grin I can't advise, but couldn't read & run after that smile

Fianccetto Sun 20-Jan-13 20:22:42

GeekLove, my DD has just come downstairs to find out what I am laughing loudly about! (Thanks, I needed that, missed it first time around!)

[Shock]

GeekLove Sun 20-Jan-13 19:03:18

Who was the MNer who's son did a Big Shit but she didn't believe him. So he fished it out, put glitter on it and put it in the freezer as proof.
The glitter was 'to make it pretty for mummy'

JuliaSqueezer Sun 20-Jan-13 17:33:12

Yes you're right - dies cut shapes and embossing folders emboss patterns (in paper and card, doesn't work on poo as far as I know).

Cutting Edge Crafts are a good site for dies, depends what you are going to be making as to what shapes to get. I tend to like basic geometric shapes so circles and matching scalloped edge circles, hexagons, tags or labels, simple flowers.

If you want ideas on what you can do with a specific die then tap it into google images and see what other people have made, usually helps me decide if I would get enough use out of it.

Molehillmountain Sun 20-Jan-13 11:05:48

Trying to get dd down for nap. Shaking and snorting with laughter is not helping grin

winemakesmeclever Sun 20-Jan-13 10:53:53

When I saw this thread my first thought was maybe for you to take your mobile phone in the bathroom with you in case you needed reinforcements / support.
This has been making me laugh all morning grin

cazzybabs Sun 20-Jan-13 10:00:48

bugger - I have just cried with laughter at this .... not good for stealth mumsnet reading whilst pretending to do school work

Iheartpasties Sun 20-Jan-13 09:53:02

Arf

usualsuspect Sun 20-Jan-13 09:45:35

Sorry,Blotted.grin

Well, jobbycraft made tea come out my nose this morning.

JollyRedGiant Sun 20-Jan-13 07:32:41

Or Ass and Craps?

MerryCouthyMows Sun 20-Jan-13 03:27:24

Snoooooooooooooooorrrrrrt.

Jobbycraft.

Wheeeeeeeeze.

<<Gives up and collapses into fits of childish giggles again.>>

MerryCouthyMows Sun 20-Jan-13 03:27:24

Snoooooooooooooooorrrrrrt.

Jobbycraft.

Wheeeeeeeeze.

<<Gives up and collapses into fits of childish giggles again.>>

BurnThisDiscoDown Sun 20-Jan-13 00:46:57

You can get cheaper dies on eBay too, there are quite a few sellers that do them brand new.

(literally lol at Big Shit btw!)

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 20-Jan-13 00:04:41

well, i confess i dont often venture into arts and crafts but i simply had to know what this one was about!

arf!

usualsuspect Sun 20-Jan-13 00:03:51

hahaha at arts and craps.Or maybe farts and craps,?

Valpollicella Sun 20-Jan-13 00:01:09

Classic. Nearly in the same league as 'expensive minge' thread

HouseOfTinsel Sat 19-Jan-13 23:58:10

ha ha ha ha grin

May I creatively suggest a new Topic called 'Arts & Craps'?

glitch Sat 19-Jan-13 23:54:49

Brilliant, just brilliant grin grin grin

I haven't posted on mn for a really long time (lurked occasionally) but this thread has made me laugh so much I just wanted to say thank you!!! And "jobbycraft" - just brilliant!!!!!!

nevergoogle Sat 19-Jan-13 23:47:36

oh dear.

MyCatIsAStupidBastard Sat 19-Jan-13 23:37:49

Ha ha hA ha ha..... Jobbycraft....

Wheezing with laughter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now