We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

People who know sewing machines- a quick question please?

(9 Posts)
rockinhippy Mon 14-Jan-13 11:42:13

I hope you grabbed it, what a bargain!

Buy buy buy! Even if you need to pay to have it serviced, it's STILL a bargain! x

FoofyShmooffer Sun 13-Jan-13 14:44:59

grin thanks. That's all the encouragement I need.

I'll be there before opening!

chinup2011 Sun 13-Jan-13 14:04:42

Yes, I agree with Latte. A good buy

LatteLady Sun 13-Jan-13 14:00:31

Buy it... be there first thing in the morning and run in there and grab it with both hands! Janome's are fantastic and you will not regret it.

My chum who ran our LYS bought old Janomes from a local school... lovely purring machines wth a great finish,

FoofyShmooffer Sun 13-Jan-13 12:39:33

As little as possible. I can't spend over £50. The second hand Janome is £29.99.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sun 13-Jan-13 12:34:17

Get the Janome, how much have you got to spend?

FoofyShmooffer Sun 13-Jan-13 12:01:42

Sewing machine obviously hmm bloody autocorrect.

FoofyShmooffer Sun 13-Jan-13 12:00:52

I haven't used a seeing machine since high school but desperately want to take it up. It would be really useful.

I bought the mini seeing machine from Argos as a starter ( I'm low on funds as well) and its dreadful. Fiddly, plasticky, unnecessarily complicated for what it is. So it's going back.

Question is, I have seen a second hand Janome Harmony, v good condition in Cash Generator. I know Janome is supposed to be a good make, so as a novice would this be a good idea?
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now