Easy but pretty squares for a novice hooker!

(10 Posts)

Please? I can do basic grannies and bobble stitch and can follow written patterns more easily than abbreviated ones. Any suggestions?

I got this out my library and haven't taken it back yet!!

Its 200 different crochet squares so there should be something in there that you fancy!

Ooh... grin Thanks!

HappyTurquoise Fri 04-Jan-13 22:41:51

I've got another book of different crocheted squares, lots of fun. There's lots you can look up online too, if you do a search. I've made up a file of future projects and 'how to' sheets by printing lots off.

lauraellajane Sat 05-Jan-13 12:41:55

I've got the 200 crochet squares book too, love it! It has great ideas for putting the blocks together too.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 05-Jan-13 13:51:45

I've got the same bookgrin

It is lovely, I've made a number of the more complex squares and loads of then'granny with a twist'. It's great for learning new stitches.

Only one has flummoxed me, can't even remember which me now but one of the flower ones. I've managed a couple of flower based squares which look lovely but this one beat me.....'

Look on Pinterest or ravelry? Search for dishcloths. I'll try link my Pinterest board which is especially for mn blanket squares smile

Thank you! That's partly why I was asking, I'm doing my Angel Hug very slowly atm and of course there's the new project for lemontruffles today. sad All the squares in the crafting guide look a bit scary!

No! The squares only look hard, once you break them down into tiny steps they are fine. Sometimes when I can't work something out I say the step out loud a few times, then it makes more sense smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now