Needlecraft book recommendations please

(5 Posts)
CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Fri 04-Jan-13 10:31:12

I have £20 burning a hole in my pocket from Christmas and I want to spend it on a crafting book or books.
I can knit reasonably well and I have a small sewing machine that I know the basics. I also like cross stitch/embroidery.
Can anyone recommend any lovely books full of inspirations or ideas for projects that I can spend my pennies on?

amazingmumof6 Fri 04-Jan-13 12:39:35

I'd say go to your local library first to see what they have and leaf through some books - than you can buy the ones you really like and you'll know exactly what you are getting!

for cross-stitch I like Jo Verso's books. I also have a stitch patterns book both for hand sewing and machine, just fantastic - I'll get back to you with exact title and ISBN number.

Woolfey Sat 05-Jan-13 09:06:03

What about Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray? It's lovely for modern embroidery. The motif collection version has a cd in it with the patterns.

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Sat 05-Jan-13 16:46:17

Thank you. Will have a look at Doodle Stitching. My sister has got some lovely Jo Verso books that she picked up at a car boot for about 20 pence each!

Stitchthis Sat 05-Jan-13 19:10:57

Scandinavian Needlecraft by Clare Young is brilliant. Brilliant. I've been so inspired by it. 10 out of 10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now