would you buy a sewing machine online?

(6 Posts)
Fizzylemonade Sat 05-Jan-13 16:18:24

Another vote for Sewing Machines Direct. I bought a Janome from them in November.

It came with a hell of a lot of thread and a set of scissors. I used them after researching and they were recommended by MNetters who don't mince their words grin

Love my sewing machine.

lauraellajane Fri 04-Jan-13 21:35:36

Third vote for Sewing Machines Direct here smile They sent me a load of unexpected freebies with my machine, it was like Christmas!
Also second the Janome comment - fab machines.

AndiMac Fri 04-Jan-13 21:18:39

I second the Sewing Machines Direct company. Lovely and fast service from them. Try googling your company's name and reviews and see if anything fishy pops up.

I've bought two machines online, one a US embroidery machine imported through Amazon.com, and the other an SMD branded overlocker from Sewing Machines Direct. Both have been brilliant.

I'd recommend looking at the Sewing Machines Direct website, they have really good deals on there - and don't forget the distance selling regulations will apply to whatever you buy, so you will have the right to return it within (I think) 14 days if it's not suitable/you change your mind.

Hm.

I'm going to have double standards here because I had an online trading company retailing sewing machines for two years, but I'd be very wary. I haven't heard of this company, I haven't heard of the Ace brand and I think £199 is a lot to spend on a brand that isn't well known. (This is where someone with far better knowledge than me will jump in!)

For £199 you could get a really lovely sewing machine. Have a look at Janome or Elna - they're really robust, reliable machines with a great warranty.

bettykelly123 Thu 03-Jan-13 18:13:41

i would love a new sewing machine and ive seen one online that i really like the look of from an online company called Apparel Craft Equipment (ACE) LTD,
they are based in derbyshire but ive never hard of them and im a bit scared to order from them. has anyone bought a sewing machine without trying it out or am i mad to take the risk. apparently they offer a 10 year warrenty.
im looking at the ace 6600 which is computerised and only £199 at the moment.
should i just jump in and go for it????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now