We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Craft book recommendation - need cheering up.

(9 Posts)
iloveblue Sat 05-Jan-13 16:04:50

Thanks for the tips and the good wishes everyone.

I like colouring in too betty

I like the look of that one laura - I got a papercutting one for my birthday a few months ago and love it.

lauraellajane Sat 05-Jan-13 12:40:26

Sorry for your losses sad must be really tough x

Have you tried papercutting? It's so meditative and calming, might be just what you need. All you need is a cutting mat, sharp blade and good quality paper so it's very cheap to try out.

Here's a book with an inspiring cover, not sure if it's any good though!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paper-Cutting-Laura-Heyenga/dp/0811874524/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357389416&sr=1-5

BettyandDon Sat 05-Jan-13 09:47:27

I'm about to get some adult colouring books and proper grown up pens from Amazon. I'm hoping it will be cathartic - I love colouring in.

Sorry about your losses.

Stitchthis Sat 05-Jan-13 09:41:29

Trying to book called the state of it's got all sorts of things. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time.

Jezabelle Fri 04-Jan-13 22:21:54

Doh! I mean iloveblue not RoadsTwo!

Jezabelle Fri 04-Jan-13 22:21:13

Bumping for you. Someone must be able to recommend a book! good luck RoadsTwo. x

iloveblue Thu 03-Jan-13 18:16:50

Thanks roadstwo. Luckily I have two gorgeous boys - my body has just decided to start killing my babies sad Fab to hear about your sister - so glad she didn't give up xx

RoadsTwo Thu 03-Jan-13 17:41:43

I'm afraid this isn't my particular area of expertise, but I wanted to send very big hugs anyway. My sister had six and almost gave up, but she's now just up to the 8 month mark. Hang in there x

iloveblue Thu 03-Jan-13 17:30:50

Hi

Just that really. I've just had my 5th miscarriage in just over 2 years.

Feeling understandable rubbish and have some amazon vouchers to spend.

I've got too many sewing books already.
My particular area is paper craft. I want something inspirational.

Any recommendations gratefully received smile

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now