Excited !

(18 Posts)
Stitchthis Sat 05-Jan-13 19:08:01

My name is Stitch and I am a Stashoholic. And proud!

tribpot Sat 05-Jan-13 18:47:16

I will clearly state that I am using more than I am buying.

The politician's answer wink

FlyOverTheMistletoe Sat 05-Jan-13 18:12:13

Repeat the mantra - I will use more than I buy (or just find a good hiding place) smile

tribpot Sat 05-Jan-13 18:05:50

It's too late to turn back now, biffnbuster grin

biffnbuster Sat 05-Jan-13 14:40:49

I am on the top of the slippery slope, popped in yesterday and found a leaflet listing the next 3 months classes !
5/6.1.13 crafters weekend ( 1 weekend every month)
9.1.13 knit and natter ( every Wednesday)
11.1.13 coffee and create craft club (1 every month)
all are free but a small donation to charity is appriciated !!

biffnbuster Thu 03-Jan-13 17:56:43

Found the details on the notice board in store, in was right at the back of the store downstairs.

SDTGisAChristmassyWolefGenius Thu 03-Jan-13 13:01:50

I like your thinking, tribpot! Sadly I can't get in and out of the loft, as we have no proper loft ladder, so I can't fool dh that way, SoupDragon. But there are other nooks and crannies where I can conceal yarn from him. grin

Molehillmountain Wed 02-Jan-13 23:36:15

Yarn and crafting bits and bobs are the only things I can get away with treating myself to illicitly - dh is too good at noticing anything else.

tribpot Wed 02-Jan-13 19:26:37

chaos, ours does them too but I think it's hard for the local stores to get their stuff on to the website. I'd give yours a ring or have a look for details in store.

SDTG I think you are reasonably safe as long as you state clearly and firmly that you are using more than you buy.

Ooh, do all stores do these? How do you find out about them? Just had a quick look on their website but can't find anything.

bran Wed 02-Jan-13 18:18:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

biffnbuster Wed 02-Jan-13 18:10:34

Haha, lots of lovely things in there and some lovely prices as well !! Last week I wanted some pinking shears (for material) £30.00 .....

SoupDragon Wed 02-Jan-13 13:15:42

Store it in the loft. He'll never know...

SDTGisAChristmassyWolefGenius Wed 02-Jan-13 13:14:41

Dh, bless his innocent, naive heart, thinks this is perfectly possible, SoupDragon. Should I leave the bastard, or stay with him on the basis that he funds all my yarn purchases??! grin

SoupDragon Wed 02-Jan-13 13:12:01

I am supposed to use more than I buy

does not compute
does not compute
<<explodes>

SDTGisAChristmassyWolefGenius Wed 02-Jan-13 12:42:14

Hobbycraft sell lots of lovely yarns, biff - I bet you don't get out of there empty-handed!!

One of my New Year's resolutions is to teach myself how to crochet more complicated granny squares (so far I can do one - the most basic one), and maybe even to end up with a blanket for myself. This will use up a small fraction of my yarn stash - I think dh would like it if I ended the year with less yarn - ie. I am supposed to use more than I buy. confused

SoupDragon Wed 02-Jan-13 11:57:25

It's a slippery slope... wink

biffnbuster Wed 02-Jan-13 10:52:33

I am going to a crochet class ! £10.00 for 2 hours at Hobbycraft, can't wait !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now