So disappointed!

(72 Posts)
belindarose Mon 29-Oct-12 20:31:08

I've decided to learn to crochet. Have read blogs, watched tutorials, become inspired.

Yesterday I bought practise yarn and a hook.

I have just sat down for the first time today - toddler and baby asleep, DH working late.

I have the video to follow on the iPad. I have a ball of yarn. I have sent the dog to bed.

And I must have left the crochet hook at the till yesterday.

sad sad sad

Daisybell1 Mon 12-Nov-12 09:56:20

Maths and Wait I'm in kirkby Stephen - could I join you too?

SoupDragon Mon 12-Nov-12 15:40:49

Latonia - at least you didn't sit on it...

Mathsdidi Mon 12-Nov-12 17:25:38

Daisy - I'm happy for you to come too as long as wait is. I'll pm you this evening.

maths
I have just read your kind offer. Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you smile

Anyway, OP, how's it coming on? Can you crochet yet?

belindarose Wed 14-Nov-12 14:12:10

Ha, see, you're waiting for your present, aren't you?

DD's bedroom is littered with 'blankets' of varying quality for her Sylvanian Families and her imaginary dogs. I can do single and double crochet stitch - just rows. Haven't learnt to follow a pattern. Waiting for the 4 month old to learn to sleep as I can't manage to ctochet whole holding him.

You have seen rough my fiendish plan smile

Actually, I am going for my lesson with lovely flamingo on Sunday, so wanted to see how you are doing. It seems you can properly do it wink so I have a target!

belindarose Sat 17-Nov-12 08:30:49

Hope you get on alright with your lesson tomorrow, norks. I'm a bit stuck - the problem with having no one in real life to help. I'll post on the hookers thread.

I DID IT!!!!!!!

Flamingo is mega patient and I have a teeny tiny Christmas wreath and a bit of cream something-or-other.

I am happy smile

belindarose Sun 18-Nov-12 15:30:48

Yay! I want to make a teeny tiny Christmas wreath too! I'm bored of dolls' blankets...

KnottyLocks Sun 18-Nov-12 15:37:12

That makes you a witch then, Norks grin

Witch-in-training.

flamingo showed me some things she had made which were as far away from what I can do now as a stroll with the dogs is to marathon running.

I saw her broomstick smile

But then I came home and it all went wrong sad

Have made three spectacular messes and my hands have turned into baseball mitts.
Will try again tomorrow.

NotAWitchNorks sad

belindarose Sun 18-Nov-12 20:03:35

A really weird thing keeps happening with me, norks. I try something repeatedly one evening. Go to bed annoyed, but the next evening I can do the new thing easily! So I think it may well be witchcraft after all...

Or perhaps flamingo has an enchanted sofa, so when I sit on it I can crochet.

Or maybe, she kept correcting me when I made a bollox of it

FlamingoBingo Mon 19-Nov-12 23:40:00

<parks broom>

Right, first things first - the first rule of learning a new craft is, as you must already know - DON'T SAY YOU CAN'T DO IT!

Secondly, now you can trust you can do it, tell me what's going wrong. You did plenty of fantastic stitches when I wasn't even looking, let alone correcting, so it was nothing to do with me, and everything to do with you smile

KnottyLocks Tue 20-Nov-12 07:24:04

Catherine Hurst on YouTube : slow, simple explanations . She taught Pistey smilesmile

KnottyLocks Tue 20-Nov-12 08:13:04

Sorry, should be Catherine HIrst, not Hurst.

blush
yes flamingo

FlamingoBingo Tue 20-Nov-12 19:33:50

How are you getting on now, norks?

Have been working (both jobs today) until 8pm sad
Am taking witchsticks and wool to bed

PurplePidjin Mon 26-Nov-12 04:57:06

<waves pompoms belatedly>

FlamingoBingo Mon 26-Nov-12 10:41:31

I want to know how Norks is getting on!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now