Glasgow Woolly Hugs meet up - 29th Oct

(17 Posts)
HairyPotter Sat 27-Oct-12 08:12:15

Another meet up is planned for Monday. S

HairyPotter Sat 27-Oct-12 08:15:30

Argh! Stupid phone.

Venue still be be confirmed. A chance to knit and eat cake.

Who's in?

GlaikitFizZombie Sat 27-Oct-12 09:48:02

Me! Burrell again?

HairyPotter Sat 27-Oct-12 10:18:48

Sounds great. Can we make it 11ish? I need to scoot off by 2 to retrieve TinyHairy from school.

GlaikitFizZombie Sat 27-Oct-12 10:22:33

That's fine for me! Mini Glaikit might sleep this time!! I think pretty needs to dash off to around 2 for something. SDTG said she was in too. So it might just be the four of us!

Could I join please?
I have not received my wool yet.
I would also have to bring 2 Insane Toddlers... hmm - maybe not that good an idea?

GlaikitFizZombie Sat 27-Oct-12 13:02:12

Of course you can pacific! I'll have my own insane toddler too so we can tie them together take it in turns to chase after them!

The emphasis is usually on cake with a little bit of knitting in between, so don't worry if you haven't got your wool. I have some extra I could bring if the urge to knit is over powering you grin!

Do you know where the Burrell collection is?

Yes, I do - OK then, I'll be there, with or without wool but with Sidekicks grin.

Where do you meet? In the cafe? 11ish?

GlaikitFizZombie Sat 27-Oct-12 14:15:54

In the cafe yes! Sidekicks welcome, what flavour/age? Ds is 18 months.

HairyPotter Sat 27-Oct-12 14:20:03

Yay! I will be minus Little Hairy and Tiny Hairy for a change so am happy to chase other peoples.

Burrell collection is fine with me. grin

Mine are 4 and 2.7 - the younger one is the World's Biggest Bully hmmblush. Being the youngest of 4 boys might have something to do with it. Or so I keep telling myself...

<<makes note to self to remember shackles>>

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

prettybird Mon 29-Oct-12 10:19:37

Don't think I'm going to be able to make it sad - ds was at the velodrome all weekend it is taken up much more time (and energy) than I expected (although it was great fun and he did well, considering it was his first ever track race meet), so this morning I am havinh to get the house ready for my cousin, who is arriving mid afternoon.

I'll be sorry to miss you Pacificdogwood - and the rest of you of course! smile

You were missed, prettybird - hopefully you will be able to make the next one. We were wondering about doing one on a different day - maybe a Friday - and do it at the Tramway, for the people who find that an easier venue to get to.

PacificDogwood - it was lovely to meet you, and I hope that the boys had a good time in the playground (and maybe ran off a bit of energy too).

We were also wondering about having a Glasgow Woolly Huggers christmas meet up - maybe going out for a meal somewhere? What would people think?

I had a lovely time meeting you all - albeit slightly distracted by darling offspring hmm. We went and bullied some unsuspecting children on the playground for a while, then Halloween outfit and sweets shopping for DSs1 and 2.

Sorry you couldn't make it, prettybird - is your son the next Sir Hoy then grin? I always think track racing looks mega scary <<wibble>>

Hey, I am so starved for adult company, I'll attend any social event going -count me in for a Christmas night out!!

No wool arrived here today sad

prettybird Mon 29-Oct-12 17:47:58

Ds aspires more to be the next Cavendish grin initially, before going on to be the next Eddie Merckx, ie sprinter, hill climber and Tour winner!

We didn't have a MN Christmas meet-up last year. We could organise one to suit the Blanketeers and then see if any other Scottish MNers want to join us. smilesmile

HairyPotter Mon 29-Oct-12 18:39:59

Thanks everyone for another fab meet up. Pretty you were missed sad well done to ds though. What a little star! SDTG thanks for rescuing my dodgy knitting yet again you are wonderful grin

Fizzy huge respect for the dragon, I am completely impressed! Your ds was as gorgeous as ever, such a wee sweetheart. Pacific it was lovely to meet you and your adorable boys.

I work Fridays, but could possibly swap days with a bit of notice. Did you have a particular date in mind?

Am up for a Christmas huggers night out! Fab idea grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now