We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Knitting machine.....

(5 Posts)
OhBurger Mon 01-Oct-12 14:31:18

Bought a job lot of yarn and the person threw in a knitting machine. Is it even worth setting it up and having a bash or will I just sell it on? I can't move in my house for all the wooly goodness!

kellestar Mon 01-Oct-12 19:16:08

They can be quite fun. My auntie still uses hers a fair bit. She makes lots of cushion covers. They are quite fab as she does intarsia designs that look fab. But are simple squares.

kiwigirl42 Mon 01-Oct-12 19:30:35

I'd love one. I hand knit but I'm the slowest knitter in christendom. One day I'll have a go just so I finish something - just worries me that its yet another hobby, as if the spinning wheel and weaving loom weren't enough!

OhBurger Mon 01-Oct-12 21:48:55

Welllllll, I set it up and I've had a bash! I love it. I'm a crocheter and I can't hand knit for toffee haha, bit more practice with casting on and off and I'll be all set grin it came with a lace carriage and a ribbing tool and loads of extra bits too. I need a day to myself to get to grips with it all smile

Craftyone Mon 01-Oct-12 21:49:44

Set it up and have a bash. Much faster than hand knitting. Knitted scarves for everyone this christmas smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now