Panorama test at The Birth Company in London - how long for results?

(9 Posts)
BipBippadotta Thu 22-Sep-16 12:58:35

Going slightly mad in the wait for results of my Panorama test (history of recurrent miscarriage & stillbirth).

I had my blood drawn at 9 + 3. After taking my blood the ultrasound tech cheerfully told me that there's a high chance I'll need a re-draw, as they often can't detect the fetal blood trace between 9 and 10 weeks. Why didn't they mention this on their website, or when I called to book? I'd have waited for 10 weeks FFS.

She then said we'd have results / know whether we needed to do a re-draw 'within 8-12 days'. She wasn't sure if that was calendar days or working days. The receptionist then assured us that the results would come within 7 calendar days. Unless they took longer. Because sometimes they could take up to 2 weeks.

They then told me they'd give me the results over the phone, but that their number comes up as withheld, which means I'll need to answer every bloody PPI call from now until October.

I'd be really grateful to hear about other people's experience. If you did the test with The Birth Company, how long did it take to get your results? Did you have to have a re-draw?

Thanks so much.

user1472662726 Fri 23-Sep-16 10:24:25

Sorry, no answers here. I am having the harmony next week at London fetal medicine centre. I considered the panorama too but for a few reasons decided against. It's pretty crap that they can't tell you if it's calendar or working days.....they do this every day! I hope you get a positive result soon.

LHReturns Tue 27-Sep-16 16:27:42

Hi Bip, if I make it as far as you I would love to know how you get on with Panorama. Have you had your results yet?

I had Harmony test at FMC also with my first DC. It was clear then that if you hear nothing until you go back in for the 12 week nuchal scan than you can be optimistic that the blood results are good. You would hear faster if there is a possib problem.

How long have you been waiting now?

BipBippadotta Tue 27-Sep-16 17:11:52

I had the Harmony test at the FMC with my first pregnancy. They do it differently at this place - results over the phone, whether they're good or bad, as soon as they hear from the lab. So I jump out of my skin every time the phone rings.

I wanted to test for microdeletions as well this time which is why I went for the Panorama.

Anyway. It's been a week. No results yet. Fairly sure I'll have to have a re-draw (the internet suggests it's not unusual for women to get inconclusive results up until 16 weeks).

Could really do with knowing soon, as I want to be able to have a surgical termination if something's very badly wrong - if this drags on a few more weeks & I have to do a CVS and wait for the results of that, I'll be well into the 2nd trimester & they'd have to induce me. I don't think I have it in me to give birth to another dead baby. sad

LHReturns Tue 27-Sep-16 17:25:25

While I understand every word you are saying Bip as I have read every one of your posts over on the other board....please don't get ahead of yourself.

It is clear that you prefer to plan out each step of how you will deal with bad news as if it is some kind of project plan, that simply needs delivering. your results have every chance of being perfect. While you don't like to be optimistic (and I understand why), most pregnancies are very uneventful beyond 12 weeks. You are nearly there.

Please let me know when you hear.

Hypothetically, and if money was no object, you you have both Panorama and Harmony tests??

LHReturns Tue 27-Sep-16 17:26:04

I meant WOULD you have both tests?

BipBippadotta Tue 27-Sep-16 17:58:46

Spoke too soon - just got results. Overall they called it a low risk result but said it was inconclusive for Angelman's syndrome.

They're sending me a full report, so I'll try to understand that and then decide whether to do CVS.

BipBippadotta Tue 27-Sep-16 18:03:17

So - for the record, if anyone's searching for Panorama test turnaround times in future, mine was 7 calendar days!

LHReturns Tue 27-Sep-16 18:29:34

Cautious well done Bip!!!! Never heard of AM syndrome. When you have digested it all, I would love to hear the feedback and what action (if any) you decide to take.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now