20 week scan- concerned

(5 Posts)
user1473586960 Sun 11-Sep-16 11:18:08

I am 22 weeks and had a scan at 12 and 17 weeks they said everything is ok. Had the official 20 week scan on friday and the doctor said everything was fine as expected. I just sat down to look at photos and noticed all the results are showing baby at 22 weeks except the cereb (nicolaides) which places baby at 14 weeks.

I am beside myself after reading on line this means brain damage. I have emailed my doctor and she said nothing to worry about but the range is in <1% where as everything else is almost perfect. Why is it showing 14 weeks when baby is 22 if nothing is wrong?

I cant stop crying and am worried sick.
Does anyone have any more information?

Gizlotsmum Sun 11-Sep-16 11:20:27

Why don't you believe your doctor and the sonographer? They would have told you or arranged another scan if there was an issue.

user1473586960 Sun 11-Sep-16 11:26:08

the doctor just phoned back, she said she remembers her own mistake and accidently pressed the button for something so on photo shows low reading for brain but is a mistake and that the medical report shows baby's brain is fine. She obviously felt awful with me crying hysterically down phone but thank goodness all is well.

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 11-Sep-16 11:30:54

This is why you leave analysing all the numbers etc on the scan pics to the professionals!! Dr and Sonographer were both looking at your baby on the scan they'd hardly lie about it.

user1473586960 Sun 11-Sep-16 11:53:26

i didnt think anyone was lying! she had made a genuine mistake and it meant that the results i was given were inaccurate it just gave me a fright. all is well though thankfully!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now