Referral Lewisham and Greenwich NHS trust

(7 Posts)
user1471258379 Mon 15-Aug-16 12:19:45

Hi there, I live in Greenwich and have recently found out I'm pregnant with my first - 6 weeks. I have self referred on the Lewisham and Greenwich NHS trust website as no one is monitoring the Midwife Hotline. I have left several messages over the last 2 weeks and no one has called me back. I ultimately called the Maternity Hotline at the Lewisham Antenatal Center and the person that picked up got someone to call me back. They say I am in the system and someone will call me over the next 2 weeks. I am a bit concerned as the advice on all NHS threads about antenatal care say I need to let them know as soon as possible so that I can get proper guidance as well as get booked in for the before 10 weeks tests. Can you please let me know if this is a normal time frame? Do things only start moving around week 8? I don't have an appointment or have not heard from them since the one phonecall. Any advice would we greatly appreciated.

LondonRoo Tue 16-Aug-16 08:26:04

Same experience - the phone system is shambolic!

I got my booking appointment through eventually (at around 11 weeks) and my scan appointment came through before that.

Once I got an appointment it's been fine and seems more organised!

LondonRoo Tue 16-Aug-16 08:26:33

Oh and congratulations!!!!

Furo Wed 07-Dec-16 09:47:36

Congratulations, and I hope it's all going well. Thought I'd answer this thread, even though it's been a while since you posted. I'm currently going through the same here hmm did it all work out in the end? I'm also interested in what hospital you chose - did you have to choose early on for your booking appointment or can you change it after?

SarahOoo Wed 07-Dec-16 14:21:03

I live fairly close to you and come under Lewisham but nearer to Bromley so chose the PRUH for the birth. I happened to have gone to my doctors for a different reason at 6 weeks and mentioned it to her and she started the ball rolling so maybe get an appointment with your Dr and do it that way? I was going to do the self referral online though. I had a midwife appointment at 8 weeks and then the 12 week scan around 12+5 at Kings. Don't worry too much about advice, take your folic acid and vitamin D. however they will check your urine with the midwife.

Furo Wed 07-Dec-16 17:47:00

Cool, thanks. Yep bought my next supply of pregnacare, and am patiently waiting for the booking appointment.

Seahawk80 Fri 23-Dec-16 23:35:27

I live within walking distance of Lewisham hospital and ended up changing to kings as I had really good care at the epu there and as you said the phone system is awful. Someone from Lewisham did finally call me with a booking on appt though so I'm sure you will hear. My sister had her baby at Lewisham and was happy with it. Congrats and good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now