7weeks but scan showing 4w2d?

(22 Posts)
allyd84 Thu 02-Jun-16 13:08:37

Hi, I'm terribly worried and dr hasn't really explained. LMP was 14/4 which would make me 7 weeks today. Positive test on 19th May confirmed by bloods (HCG 102) an CB indicator all point to me being just over 4 weeks when I found out. We have been trying over 2 years and under fertility consultant. Had ovarian drilling op where they also found endo and heart shaped uterus on 2nd March. Couldn't believe it when I got positive test but at 7 week scan last night they could only see gestational sac at 4.2m, no yoke or anything. They want me to come back on 14th for another scan and took blood today. I'm terrified sonethings wrong. They said my dates could be out but how would I have got hpt bf on 19th if they are right and I was only 2 weeks? Though at 2 weeks you only just had implantation?

MollyAmelia2015 Fri 03-Jun-16 00:39:57

Don't worry about it, you would have conceived much later than you anticipated! Congratulations! Don't stress, if there's a healthy heart beat there's a healthy baby!! X

Northernlurker Fri 03-Jun-16 00:45:47

Molly I think you've misread the op. There was no heartbeat seen, just a very early pregnancy.

Op - it's possible your dates are out but the hcg wasn't very high and given the scan I would prepare yourself for bad news. It sounds like the pregnancy hasn't progressed. Are they going to repeat the bloods they did today? The hcg should give you an idea of what's happening because it would be well into the thousands by now.

MyKingdomForBrie Fri 03-Jun-16 00:53:13

I do think you should prepare for bad news but you cannot know for sure until the next scan. I'm so sorry you have such a horrible stressful wait. Fx for you.

AppleMagic Fri 03-Jun-16 00:53:31

I'm really sorry but I agree with Northern. The same happened to me last year but I was a bit further along. I knew that my dates couldn't be so wrong because of when I got a +ve hpt.

MollyAmelia2015 Fri 03-Jun-16 00:57:53

Sorry I meant if there's a heartbeat at your next scan! Didn't mean to cause any confusion x

allyd84 Fri 03-Jun-16 12:23:15

Thanks for answering and you kind responses. Hubby is eternal optimist and keeps telling me not to worry but everything iv read looks bad. They are phoning me at 4 today to let me know HCG blood test results from yesterday. Will let you know x

allyd84 Sat 04-Jun-16 07:06:34

Hi all just an update, blood test results are HCG 1398 which means they have roughly doubled every 72 hours and dr said would put me around beginning of 4 weeks which matches scan. She seems to think my dates where way out as have pcos and everything's ok allthough won't know for sure until scan on 14th. Still worried but have some hope to hang onto for next couple of weeks confused

ToDuk Sat 04-Jun-16 07:09:02

Hope you get good news on 14th. Early pregnancy can be such a stressful time.

KittyandTeal Sat 04-Jun-16 18:52:55

Ah if you have pcos then your ovulation date and cycles are likely to be really off.

With hcg levels that match the scan I'd say things are probably OK atm

MollyAmelia2015 Thu 16-Jun-16 18:17:10

How did your scan go Hun xx

allyd84 Thu 16-Jun-16 18:59:13

Hi, thanks for thinking of me, feel very alone as although Hubbys great have no gf to talk too. Scan on 14th showed sac had grown but still empty, went to epu clinic yesterday who did another scan and said it had grown again slightly in 24 hours so they said there was still the tiniest hope, (although still empty). They took bloods and got to go back at 9am tomorrow for more bloods. They will compare HCG tommorow and have said if they confirm pregnancy is not viable I will have d&c on sat as supposed to be going to Italy on Tuesday for 2 weeks. If they can't confirm anything I am still going to go on trip and just keep everything crossed that baby's hiding and I'll be ok whilst im away. It's the waiting and not knowing that's so hard, thinking there hope one moment me then convinced there isn't the next. 🙄X

MollyAmelia2015 Thu 16-Jun-16 19:03:21

So sorry to hear what you're going through must be so frustrating not knowing what's happening.. Try not to get your hopes up too high, easier said than done as nobody wants to think the worse.. Could be possible as you're still so early that nothing is on scan as at my 6 weeks scan I could see anything, which made me really nervous as id had a previous miscarriage however I have a healthy 13 month old! Got everything crossed for you, try not to worry or stress as you'll just get yourself worked up for no reason as you don't know what you're worrying about yet! Stay positive! Xxx

allyd84 Thu 16-Jun-16 19:23:24

Thanks, trying not to worry and keeping everything crossed but know logically it's a real long shot. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow X

DoubleCarrick Thu 16-Jun-16 19:36:34

Hope you're holding up ok op. Fingers crossed flowers

allyd84 Fri 17-Jun-16 11:08:34

Just back from epu, yesterday's bloods were 5000 and on the 1st 1400 so not even doubled twice in 2 weeks. They are going to phone me at lunchtime and given me leaflets on options. sad at home waiting agin confused

allyd84 Fri 17-Jun-16 20:56:33

Bad news confirmed this afternoon, definitely a blighted ovum 😥 They have kindly fit me on for op in the morning so have to be in for 7.30 as didn't want to wait as still hoping to go to Italy on Tuesday for my birthday.

RainbowDashian Fri 17-Jun-16 21:08:23

Sorry you have had sad news op flowers.

sugarplumfairy2010 Fri 17-Jun-16 21:15:05

Im so sorry for your loss hun i have just gone through similar so understand how heartbreaking it is. Mine was a mmc but i had three scans between 6 and 9 weeks before it was confirmed. I had the operation aswell and was feeling more normal within a week physically anyway.x

MollyAmelia2015 Fri 17-Jun-16 22:00:44

So sorry to see this!sad 💔💔

allyd84 Sat 18-Jun-16 14:34:34

Well, got to hospital, in gown, said bye to hubby and was taken to theatre. Was in anaesthetic room when surgeon came in and said to take me back to holding as he needed to talk to me. Asked me to phone hubby who was in hospital canteen and asked him to join us. Surgeon said he was a locum and would not do op as although he agreed with consultant who told me yesterday it was not viable he wanted another scan next week to confirm as didn't feel he could by 100% sure. So they have sent me home to wait and see if I miscarriage as going to Italy on Tuesday for 2 weeks do they cannot do another scan until I'm back. He has said I will possibly miscarriage on holiday. I don't know what to do. I don't think i can cope anymore.

Jaynebxl Sun 19-Jun-16 07:16:48

Oh no. So sorry to hear you've been left in this kind of limbo. Hope somehow you can still enjoy your holiday but I know it will be hanging over you the whole time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now