12 week scan dating problems.

(4 Posts)
RhianMillar Mon 03-Mar-14 18:07:10

Hi ladies, I'm just looking for some reassurance! Had my 12 week scan today, been told to come back in a week because they were unable to get an accurate Head to Bum measurement because they baby was tucked up to tightly. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Just a little worried that something is wrong. Thanks in advance x

Mogz Mon 03-Mar-14 19:16:46

Don't worry, I had this at a couple of scans because my baby was in an awkward position. That's all it is, just baby being a cheeky monkey and hiding a bit. If there is ever anything wrong the medical staff will tell you there and then.
Congratulations, enjoy your pregnancy!

LokiTheCynicalCat Mon 03-Mar-14 19:31:00

Oh yes, I had this. They measured DS at a week less than we had estimated because he was curled up and couldn't be measured properly. That led to a lot of uncomfortable jabbing my full bladder with the ultrasound probe and he still wouldn't budge!

The following week he swam about beautifully and was measured at the correct dates. No problem at all.

RhianMillar Mon 03-Mar-14 20:30:17

Thanks!! Feel much better now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now