Has anyone had a good cvs outcome after a 1:2 risk from combined test?

(28 Posts)

I'm pretty sure I'm clutching at straws here as all the signs were bad from my combined test (bad blood results, nasal bone absent, tricuspid regurgitation) resulting in a 1:2 score. But I'd be interested to know others' outcomes. I'll probably be having cvs tomorrow but am bracing myself for the worst. I know it's a personal choice and others would disagree but we already know what decision we would make if it's not good news.
Anyone with happy tales out there?

FindingItTricky Fri 25-Jan-13 23:47:17

Oh Yikes I am so so sorry to read your news sad I agree with Rufous, be gentle with yourself and give yourself time to heal. Lots of support on here if you need it down the line. Sending you hugs and understanding.

SomeDaySoon74 Sun 03-Feb-13 08:38:02

Hello. Yikes here (with a more sober post-TMFR name change). Just wanted to pop on and say thank you to Rufous and others for warning me about the hormone crash. Day 5 came and went relatively easily but then on day 10 I spent most of the day in tears, at work and at home. Totally fell out with my boss about something extremely trivial, which I can only put down to hormones. At least the next day I could look back and think, ahh, so that's what they all meant! Thank you all again for your support at a very dark time in my life. So relieved I'm coming out the other end still sane.

zombielady Fri 12-Jul-13 18:13:55

just wanted to post a good news story for anyone reading. i had odds of 1 in 2 for downs. Luckily results were negative. Heart scan fine, no other problems now 32 weeks pregnant. Apparently another lady at same hospital had same odds that week and she was fine too. so sorry for those who got bad news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now