Early pregnancy scans

(7 Posts)
elliejjtiny Tue 08-Jan-13 14:03:44

£6.50 per pic here shock

BinarySolo Tue 08-Jan-13 07:22:47

Yes, you had to pay at Leicester where I had my ds. Same price, but the sonographers there would always give you loads of extra pictures. First sonographer forgot to take my payment card so I was able to use it for my second scan too. Didn't feel guilty as like you I felt it was a rip off!

ScubaSarah Tue 08-Jan-13 07:02:21

I'm 10+2 weeks now and have my scan next week, in worried its a little early for nuchal translucency but have been assured its ok. I don't know anywhere that offers early scans as routine. We paid £99 for scan at 7 weeks as I had concerns about ectopic and wanted to relax for Xmas. Best Xmas pressie ever, if you can scrape together the pennies I say go for it yourself but I realise it's a bit steep!
Btw, anyone else have to pay for their picture of sonogram at 12 wk scan - we do, £4 per pic. Thievery!!! confused
Good luck ladies x

BinarySolo Tue 08-Jan-13 06:44:41

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and the midwife told me that the first scan will be at 12 weeks. Postcode lottery?

elliejjtiny Mon 07-Jan-13 13:55:08

I am 14 weeks pregnant with my 7th pregnancy and I can say with confidence definately not. I've found even if you're in pain and/or bleeding it is very difficult to get an early scan.

TheHystericalMonkey Wed 02-Jan-13 22:18:37

I have a 7 week old DS and I was never offered one. I didn't think they were routine, only if there are complications or bleeding etc? My doctor didn't even want to see me until 10 weeks.

Toptack Wed 02-Jan-13 20:54:03

I've just read on an NHS website that "all pregnant women will be offered an early pregnancy scan at 8 weeks" (will find the link if anyone's interested). Is that actually the case? I certainly wasn't offered one when I had DS1 2 years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now