Hand holding while waiting for CVS results

(8 Posts)
Amnewtoallthis Mon 12-Nov-12 10:39:46

Am 13 weeks and 4 days pregnant with DC2. Am 42, had scan at 12 weeks exactly NT was fine, nasal bone et. Heart function fine as was the artery they test in the liver. However my blood results showed an increased risk of DS 1:127- PAPP (sp) fine but my HCG was a bit high 2.7 - so they offered me a CVS which I had to have at a private part of UCH (London) on Friday.
Am now awaiting results, but am really scared about the other abnormalities they are testing for - Patau's Edwards etc. Of course pg comes with lots of worries. Anyone out there going trhough the same thing?

I have no experiance of testing for abnormalities, but I do have an incompetant cervix. Currently 26+5 with a stitch in place, which has been very scary.

So hand holding and I hope everything comes back fine, when will the results be back?

Amnewtoallthis Mon 12-Nov-12 13:03:53

thanks Moominsarescary one of my close friends has the same thing and she had two DCs with a stitch in place. Results back by Thursday x

Amnewtoallthis Mon 12-Nov-12 14:10:49

Just got results back, all clear - here's hoping we have healthy pregnancies xx

Congratulations! That's really good news x

Did your friend manage to go full term?

Amnewtoallthis Mon 12-Nov-12 15:36:21

She had both at full term. And they are now 10 and nearly 6 years old. x

That's nice to know, thankyou x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now