Flu jab, side effects, problems?

(4 Posts)
sjess Sun 07-Oct-12 17:36:36

Hi, went to my GP for my first appointment since finding out I was pregnant this week. I met with a rather militant doctor who basically told me that either me and my baby will die if I don't have the flu jab. She wouldn't answer any of my questions regarding the side effects and just brushed my worries off as silly. Has anyone experienced any side effects after having the jab, and what where they? I'm a bit worried.

I had the flu jab last winter at around 32 weeks pregnant. The only side-effect I had was a sore arm.

Your doctor shouldn't have brushed off your concerns - can you make an appointment with a different doctor to discuss it?

wkmmum Sun 07-Oct-12 20:19:28

I had my flu jab last week at 32 weeks pregnant.

But I also had the flu jab when I was really early on in my first pregnancy (didn't even know I was pregnant so didn't have the chance to ask whether it was ok or not). DS is now a happy healthy 8 year old xx

sjess Mon 08-Oct-12 10:24:30

Thank you smile I've done some more research into it and am going for it. Seems like the substance (squalene) that gave people side effects has actually been removed.

Will definitely ask for another doctor next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now