Second child, post-natal depression

(3 Posts)
Cinnamon2013 Tue 04-Oct-16 12:32:34

My baby is 7 months old, I also have a 3 year old. I've been feeling down and anxious for about three months and got the diagnosis when I finally saw the GP this week. I don't know what I'm posting for really, maybe just to feel like I'm not alone. I feel in some ways freed by the diagnosis, in some ways labelled (stigmatised?). I'm on the waiting list for counselling. I feel quite numb. I don't know where to go from here and whether I will be happier again. I'm finding trying to restart work again (I work for myself) nigh-on impossible. I'd love to hear from someone on the other side. (Or here going through it with me!)

SunFinished Tue 04-Oct-16 19:41:17

I don't have much advice about pnd but just here to say your definitely not alone and there is support out there. Do you have children centres near you? Our ones do sessions for mums who might be feeling low or anxious or have pnd. Big hugs and your doing great. I hope someone will come along soon and be more help. flowers

Cinnamon2013 Sat 08-Oct-16 08:40:38

Thank you, Sun - I really appreciate it. Sorry only just saw your reply. I'm seeing a therapist now and things feel more manageable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now