I think my friend has PND how can I help her?

(3 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Sun 13-Mar-16 20:51:39

We both have 4month olds and 4 year olds (I've also get a two year old)

She was already on medication for depression and had and after her first child. She said she is feeling low.

She has quite a bit of help from her parents and her dh parents.

What can I do?

Was thinking taking flowers round, visiting or taking at least the older child out. Inviting her places.

I have no experience with depression - am I on the right lines?

poocatcherchampion Sun 13-Mar-16 21:32:38

Bumping as this topic seems as dead as a dodo and I didn't want to pit it in chat in case it got good and others could use it.

lookingforafriend Sun 13-Mar-16 22:17:07

I have suffered with severe anxiety and depression for over 20 years in one way or another....never really recovered from my pnd after my first child who is now 25!

It's a scary place to be and you don't know one end from the other at times...bed seems to be the safest place, housework goes to pot, no routine, no appetite, the list goes on and on and on and is diff for every person who is unfortunate to suffer from it in which ever form.

Perhaps try to just call around and sit and talk...ask her how she feels, any worries , concerns and just let her know that you are there for her no matter what....she is probably scared, feeling totally overwhelmed and lost, no routine, exhausted etc etc...

Worth a try...good luck X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now