6 week old baby and feeling down and upset

(5 Posts)
gabby1991 Mon 29-Feb-16 10:15:54

I have a 5 year old son already and now a 6 week old son, In the last few days I am feeling incredibly sad, I feel like I could burst into tears and want to leave, im snapping at my partner and cant bare to even speak to him, I feel like im starting to resent him and I don't know why. We have a very good life, my partner has a fantastic job and our children want for nothing so I do not know why I feel like this. I have tried to speak to my partner but he loses his temper and says its all in my head and I need to snap out of it. I do not know what to do. I feel crap!!!!

MadSprocker Mon 29-Feb-16 12:25:06

Have you had your 6 week check yet? If it wasn't flagged up, go to your GP and say how you are feeling. For some of us, our brains go haywire after birth. They will have heard it before, so please don't worry about telling them.

RAE1979 Sun 10-Apr-16 08:47:15

Hi I know exactly how you feel, this is my first child and I have a husband who does exactly the same... But I get told that I make his time away from work rubbish and that I must be depressed. Its an awful feeling when you don't understand why you just need a cry. I don't think men will ever understand, but at the moment I feel like I wish I was not together with him. I seem to be more relaxed and happy with me and her and even my friends and mum around.

RAE1979 Sun 10-Apr-16 08:48:56

Please let me know how your situation is.... and I hope it got better for you smile

KatyN Sun 10-Apr-16 22:29:24

I would say the first 6 months of having a baby are really tough on a relationship. I remember talking to friends when my son was a baby and them agreeing. The mother is completely obsessed with her tiny world which consists of no sleep and a demanding baby and the father has to carry on life at work like normal. (Gender stereotyping of course).
If you do not feel depressed and don't want to see your gp, I would recommend just hunkering down and accepting this might not be the best time in your relationship.
My husband had been in the spare room since I was 6 months pregnant as I was getting up so much. Our daughter is now 4 months and I don't think he'll move back in with me before she is in her room. We have the rest of our lives to share a bed (and a hot meal together while we're moaning). Now we just accept it is not as we would like.

Kx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now