Postnatal Depression Blog

(2 Posts)
julie2603 Wed 13-Jan-16 18:48:45

Mummyitsok … Postnatal Depression Blog

I’m a thirty-something Mummy to one. I was diagnosed with Postnatal Depression when my little one was 18 months old.

I suffered alone with PND for far to long & by starting this Postnatal Depression Blog I hope those of you who find it seek help sooner than I did. There’s no need to suffer & there are many of us out there who’ve been on our own PND Journey.

My writing will often include being a FTM and the struggles of PND, the demands on mums to be perfect and have it all, unrealistic expectations and other mums judgements – as well as our own.

There is light in the dark.

Mummy it’s OK – You’re Doing Great!

mummyit'sok – you're doing great – a journey through postnatal depression and beyond!

https://mummyitsok.wordpress.com/

Anroga76 Mon 25-Jan-16 13:09:34

Hi

I was diagnosed with pnd and anxiety just before Xmas, had two weeks on diazepam as had severe panic attacks in the night, saw a psychiatrist on Xmas eve as I was that desperate and he prescribed me mitrazipine which I will of been on 30mg for 4 weeks on Thursday. Started off on 15mg for 5 days.

I had 6 sessions with him in which he showed me alternative techniques to control the anxiety, eft (tapping), meditation, breathing and ACT.

The medication is definitely working as my depression has lifted but still having anxious days just hoping with a couple more weeks that should subside.

This is by far the hardest thing I have been through, I went through so much to have my little boy had to have ivf and never even thought for a minute I would get pnd.

I just take each day at a time at the moment, just off to a self help group hoping that it will be helpful xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now