Got a prescription for Citalopram 10 mg for anxiety and pnd - any success stories?

(7 Posts)
Anroga76 Fri 11-Dec-15 07:11:47

Finally have given in to constant anxiety and pnd with 9 week old and got a prescription for 10mg of Citalopram before I start it this weekend any success stories would be welcome.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 11-Dec-15 07:24:52

It worked very well for me, I had CBT at the same time and was on 20mg. You may feel a bit dizzy / blurry to begin with but it did help me. I had PND anxiety - went from being characteristically messy to scrubbing plug holes with a toothbrush !

misssmilla1 Sat 02-Jan-16 01:28:56

Me; am 4 months PP and caved in about 6 weeks ago and went to the Dr with PND and anxiety. I'm on a really low dose at 5mg and doing some CBT sessions for the anxiety, but it's made a massive difference and that was within about 3 weeks.

Redglitter Sat 02-Jan-16 01:51:49

I'm currently on 40mg a day but it's worked better than anything else I've been on

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 02-Jan-16 01:59:59

Works great for me. I've just upped 10mg to 20mg under Gp supervision. I'm going through stress with work and it's really helped. I was on 20mg for ages before so feel fine.

Best of luck OP I hope it works soon. Congratulations on the birth of your baby smile

pieceofpurplesky Sat 02-Jan-16 02:09:56

Ive been on it now for years. 30 mg. I had dreadful pnd for almost two years but refused to do anything about it. DS is 11 now and I have been on it for 5 years.

FreakinScaryCaaw Mon 04-Jan-16 09:32:47

How are you OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now